Clinical Performance Measures QI Toolkit
- Well-Child Visit
- Annual Risk Assessment
- BMI Assessment & Nutrition / Physical Activity Counseling
- Depression Screening & Follow-Up
- Chlamydia Screening
- Confidentiality is key: Educate youth about what types of information and services can be kept confidential.
- Ask students the right questions. Rather than asking “Are you sexually active?”, consider asking, “Have you ever had sex?” or “Have you had sex since you were last tested for an STI?” Ask students what type of sex they had (vaginal/oral/anal) and when.
- Consider using birth control codes or STD codes in your EHR as proxies for sexual activity.
- Create a discrete field in the EHR to document whether or not a patient is sexually active. Make sure that each provider enters data into the EHR in the same way.
Frequently Asked Questions